I was throughly excited and pleased to find out last week that I have been nominated for an award The Liebster Award! My first blogging award 🙂
The nomination came from charcoalblue which is one of my most recent blog finds. Which is a beautiful blog I feel such an affinity with. The need for creativity within a world of mothering, the mix of art and thinking and literally and metaphorically drawing from art and life.Simone who writes the blog, Charcoalblue described my blog as “opening my eyes to a world that I am becoming increasingly interested in – sculpture” So it is a huge compliment receiving this nomination. However, I have failed miserably in getting this post published as it has taken me a while to sift through ideas to answer the questions, really a tough challenge for me. I also have been away for the bank holiday weekend so that is another excuse.
I wondered what the nomination meant,Liebster’ in German means – dearest, sweetest, kindest, beloved…. I’m overwhelmed , grateful beyond words and tremendously humbled. It is also a really good way to find other new blogs and I discovered to my surprise that many of the ones I was following had huge followings. Anyway better get on with it;
The First Step for the Liebster Award is to tell 11 things about yourself:
1. I am currently into knitting, I am knitting every possible minute at the moment as I have a deadline. A yarn bombing event at my eldest child’s school!
2. I love food. Eating it and baking, when I look back at old journals all I seem to have written about is what I have eaten that day.
3. I won a wrapping competition in a former life and had to go on a day time TV show and wrap a garden gnome, needless to say I made a complete ‘bodge’ of it. Fortunately this was before utube existed 🙂
4. I like exploring.
5. I love reading.
6. I am indecisive, that can be a good and a bad thing.
7. I have big eyes.
8. I am a listener.
9. I am naive, my husband says I don’t live in the real world.
10. I am a solitary person, I like to be alone. I heard an interview with a writer who said the same. I hope that means one day I will actually write and that the time to myself is a gathering of thoughts and ideas to finally one day put pen to paper.
11. I am wife and mother two really important jobs.
The Second Step for the Liebster Award is to answer the 11 questions asked by the nominating blogger:
1. What is a fond childhood memory?
I was in the park today (now last week) with my son and I sat on the swing and we were swinging side by side. I suddenly had a memory which flooded my mind, of swinging in my childhood garden.Bliss.
2. Your favourite movie?
That is such a hard question, Big Fish, Public Enemies, The Three colours trilogy,
3. If you could do/be anything – what would it be?
A palm tree
4. Most common item you buy that is under $10.00
5. Something that annoys you
When I have got a plan in my head and it doesn’t work out the way I wanted it to!
6. Something that gives you pleasure
7. Find your self daydreaming about ….
What I want to be, it changes all the time.
8. Where do you get your ideas for your posts?
My husband’s sculptures and then usual something happens in my day that connects an idea with his work.
9. Which do you enjoy most, pondering the possibilities or narrowing down the options?
I naturally narrow down the options, I am not sure I enjoy doing it, perhaps I should start practising pondering the possibilities.
10. Favourite novel
eek.that’s a tough as the film question; The Help, Remains of the Day, The Alchemist, Tiger Hills, Life of Pi……
11. Advice for a mum who will one day have 3 teenage sons – at the same time?
Be strong, Be calm, Be patient, Be yourself. It will only be for a period of time and it will pass. Enjoy having them with you and pat yourself on the back for getting them so far. In reading that back it could apply to now. Perhaps, as teenagers give them their space but be there when they need you. I don’t know one day I will have 2 teenage sons I may know more then! Good Luck.
The Third Step for the Liebster Award is to nominate 11 bloggers with relatively few (less than 200) followers:
This blog was my first ever blog read and gave me the courage to start blogging. Itto’s journey continues to inspire and support me. SubhanAllah!
I feel she really has a strong writing style and I love reading the entries
An interesting family blog and it’s good to find other art blogs.
A dear friend and her beautiful photos, you can see the development from the beginning until now.
I bought a book of children’s poems by Dawud Wharnsby and last year took my children to see him perform them. This is a lovely inspirational blog.
An interesting and informative blog. Also spotted him on one of the ‘Big Question’ panel discussions.
I discovered this when suddenly having the idea about looking for blogs about rowing. What a strong spirit and powerfully moving blog.
Truly beautiful ink works. They look stunning digitally.
Roxy’s blog would be amazing if there was audio button that you could click and hear her voice read them to you, perhaps word press could do that? Utube or facebook her reikiroxy site to hear her or relax and read her blog yourself.
Such an uplifting, inspirational blog. A good find.
Perhaps I am cheating putting this in, if you can work out the connection. However, I really want to support this but thousands of miles a way felt this was a way I could. Motivational and fascinating to be able to see the progress of this project.
The images on here are awesome. This is a blog I need to look at more and so I am nominating it so others may do the same.
The Fourth Step for the Liebster Award is to ask your nominees 11 questions:
1. What prompted you to start a blog?
2. What inspires you?
3. If you had to choose an animal totem for yourself what would you choose?
4. If you had one country to choose to go to which one would it be?
5. What is your favourite sound?
6.What are you most passionate about?
7. What is your weakness?
8. Do you believe in fate?
9. What is your favourite poem?
10. What is your best recipe – (I am scouting for ideas!)
11. If you had one wish, what would you wish for?
Goodness, that took me ages…… but a very interesting and enjoyable process. THANK YOU again. oh yes and the double success bit was on the day I got nominated for this award that prompted all these questions, we also found out The Store Street Gallery had sold this sculpture; would have been ironic if it had been one of the eggs covered in questions!